Agenda for AGM 2020
- The minutes from the previous AGM shall be reviewed and approved.
AGM Minutes 2019
No one has investigated further costs/requirements for being registered appropriately for gaming licenses.
Reminder for members to commit to attend practices.
Do we need Liability Insurance?
- Odds of injury during practice, parade or performance is LOW for the cost of the coverage. Especially with our limited performances.
- Insurance doesn’t cover instruments. Cost of instruments was basically $1/year for every $1 covered so self insurance is the way to go.
As always it is almost time to start planning for Robbie Burns. This year could be particularly challenging with COVID restrictions.
Re-affirm the goals of the band (ASPD) for 2020-2021
Parade Band (ASPD)
- Continue to build our standard set of parade tunes
- Recruit to 6-9 pipers, 2+ snare, 1 bass, 1+ tenor
- Continue to build our list of performance tunes (Medleys).
- We don’t have enough players to enter as a competition band. As well, we don’t currently have anyone aspiring to a competition band.
- When stood up will be created as a separate sub-group with its own charter, norms, etc.
Everyone’s personal goals
- musical growth?
- social? (Is there a way to further include family too?)
- Recruit for the band
- Building a Guard
- Recruit to 2+ banner bearers
- Need to consider things such as Uniform, Dues, NRC, etc
- Proposal to change Society membership to cover uniform parts 1st year
- Entice Highland Dance sub-group
- Kevin spoke with a dance mom and she was receptive.
- Paula’s Dancers – appeal?
The need for fundraising?
- What future budget items?
(we need everyone’s buy-in)
Possible fundraising activities
- mom’s Kitchen
- Host Events
- Scotch Tasting
- Tartan Day
- St Andrews Day
- St Patty’s Day
- Service Groups
- Cam Clark Ford
- Trans Canada Pipelines
- Other local businesses
Election of Directors