Agenda for AGM 2023
- The minutes from the previous AGM shall be reviewed and approved.
- AGM Minutes 2022
No one has investigated further costs/requirements for being registered appropriately for gaming licenses.
Do we need Liability Insurance?
- Odds of injury during practice, parade or performance is LOW for the cost of the coverage. Especially with our limited performances.
- Insurance doesn’t cover instruments. Cost of instruments was basically $1/year for every $1 covered so self insurance is the way to go.
- Banff/Canmore both required General Liability for us to perform. Other parades have not said anything. Probably safe to assume assume we have it already.
- Government events (e.g. AirdrieFest) seem to be consistently requiring insurance.
- To rent a government facility (Genesys Place, T&C) we would need it.
- For the year (in the past), it is around $1000. But that wouldn’t cover Burns (Alcohol). Kevin recently investigated for his Shoppe, and it would be 25/day or 500/year as an event attendee. Last time we purchased it was 100/day as a marching band
As always it is almost time to start planning for Robbie Burns.
2024 Robbie Burns Planning
Reminder for members to commit to attend practices.
Re-affirm the goals of the band (ASPD) for 2023-2024. Pivot from Parade to Performance/Bagpipe Rock.
Parade Band (ASPD)
- Designate Massed Band tunes as our parade tunes.
- Recruit to 6-9 pipers, 2+ snare, 1 bass, 1+ tenor
Performance Band/Bagpipe Rock
- Continue to build our list of performance tunes (Medleys).
- Focus on fun/catchy tunes. Mainly dance tunes (Hornpipes, Jigs, Strathspeys, Reels) and Rock Tunes.
- We don’t have enough players to enter as a competition band. As well, we don’t currently have anyone aspiring to a competition band.
Everyone’s personal goals
- musical growth?
Election of Directors
- Director at Large